This program is one of the QBG’s educational initiatives, and its aim is to educate elementary school pupils about plants and the environment. The program provides simple scientific material supported by pictures and drawings explaining a plant’s life, its environment, and its relationship to man and culture.
This complimentary educational program seeks to provide an introduction to elementary level science, through interactive activities and field trips relating to plants and the environment. The course is taught in Arabic, in support of the Arabic language advancement program adopted by Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, Chairperson of Qatar Foundation.
- To provide primary school pupils with simple scientific materials on plants and the environment.
- To enhance children’s understanding of science through interactive activities and direct contact with the environment.
- To improve Arabic language skills by providing pupils with suitable scientific material in Arabic.
The ‘Fun and Learn’ program targets primary school pupils between the ages of six and eleven years old, more than 20 primary schools from across Qatar participate in the program.
- School competitions for primary school pupils, including puzzles, riddles, coloring activities, and other interactive activities.
- External field visits to the QBG’s nurseries and various sites, in coordination with relevant parties.
A series of publications titled ‘Fun and Learn’ about life, plants, environment, energy, and other topics. These non-periodic publications are issued by QBG at the rate of two to three per year.